Sunday, January 3, 2010

Project 365 - Day 1

I was originally going to start Project 365 a few days ago but I decided to hold off for a few days. Since I didn't do anything except for go grocery shopping, watch movies, and play Super Mario Bros. today, I'm going to use a picture from yesterday.

Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday and I made a cake for her with some of my new cake decorating skills. A bonus to cake decorating is that I've spent so much time making cakes in the past two months, that I'm all too happy not to eat a bite. Even though I've never been a huge cake eater, this will definitely make avoiding this sweet treat a whole lot easier on my quest for weight loss.

So without further ado, here is the cake I made for her birthday. I used the Hershey's Chocolate Cake recipe and made my own strawberry flavored butter cream for the icing. I messed up a bit on the writing but it was only my 2nd attempt at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment